Minority cell of Don Bosco College, Itanagar (DBCI) was established with the purpose of empowering the minority communities in the college.
The aim of the Minority Cell is to empower the minority communities in the College and assist them in their curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Cell has been set up to help minority students from the Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Indigenous and other communities achieve holistic development.
- To ensure equal opportunities for education of minorities.
- To facilitate financial support to students from these communities from governmental agencies and other sources.
- To ensure provisions for an environment where all students especially the minority feel safe and secure.
- To encourage minority students to enrol for courses, workshops, programs, etc. which the College offers in an attempt to equip them with the skills needed for their careers.
- To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event on the College campus.
- To make the minority students aware of the various scholarships program of State/ Central Government and UGC.
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the Constitution of India.
Minority Cell Composition
|Sl. No.||Name and Designation||Members||Contact|
|1.||Mr. Telesphore Topno, Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work||Chairperson||8787322513|
|2.||Dr. Naorem Sumanta Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science||Member||8837417450|
|3.||Dr. Dusu Sambyo, Assistant Professor, Department of History||Member||8131054029|
|4.||Mrs. Laxmi Rai, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science||Member||8787322594|
|5.||Mr. Francis Hasdak, Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work||Member||7640946789|
|6.||Sr. Kaini Asuli, Assistant Professor Department of Sociology||Member||8258840463|